The IBS Approach
IBS has a unique and innovative approach to business education, that focuses on providing the right knowledge, imparting the right skills for enduring success in management careers, and shaping the right attitudes.
The right knowledge is clearly a critical success factor in business. The right knowledge implies relevant, contemporary and cutting-edge knowledge, in the theory and practice of a variety of core, functional and integrative subjects. As practice precedes theory in business, equal emphasis is placed on concepts and applications. This blending of ideas and actions is achieved through various pedagogic techniques like lectures, case studies, business games, the summer internship program, the management research project, etc.
What matters most in business is what one can actually do. Doing well implies mastering and applying the skills - professional, personal and human - required for effective decision-making and execution. IBS trains the students in these skills through a series of soft-skills lab sessions scheduled over the duration of the program.
In addition, case-based learning at IBS helps students develop good analytical skills.
A critical attribute for success in life is cultivating the right attitudes like positive thinking, risk-taking, opportunity seeking, adapting to change, and achieving a proper balance between divergent goals of life. IBS helps students develop the right attitudes, and encourages them to grow into balanced and wellrounded individuals capable of taking up leadership positions.
A synthesis of Indian and International Perspectives
Using a variety of teaching materials and case studies, IBS offer students a synthesis of Indian and International perspectives that best reflect the realities of today's multinational, multicultural business milieu.
Emphasis on Case-based Learning
Learning is 100% based on cases. Most of the courses are taught through real-life cases, designed to help students appreciate real-life situations.
Business Modeling and Simulation
IBS includes business modeling and simulation games in its curricula for the programs, to give students an introduction to business decision making.
Strong Industry Interface
IBS has a strong, active and growing interface with business and industry, with experts from a range of leading companies delivering regular guest lectures, and serving as members of various advisory boards. The Learning Approach
The programs use an optimal blend of classroom instruction, self-study, assignments, case discussions and analyses, leadership and soft skills labs, IT training, project work, seminars, quizzes, and tests.
- Curriculum: Students are exposed to the latest body of knowledge through the contemporary, market-oriented curriculum.
- Courseware: The students are provided high quality courseware comprising of reference books and case study volumes. In addition, they have online access to several national and international journals, research reports and databases.
- Classroom Sessions: Students participate in classroom sessions, which help them to learn and internalize their understanding of subjects.
- Leadership Training: To develop their leadership skills, students undergo leadership training sessions during their courses of study.
- Interaction with Business Leaders: Students will have the opportunity to interact with leading management thinkers, corporate leaders and entrepreneurs, and other high profile personalities from government organizations and NGOs, at various forums organized by IBS.
- Continuous Evaluation: At IBS, performance is assessed through a continuous evaluation process, and the appropriate feedback is provided, throughout the period of study. Students are evaluated on the basis of class participation, home assignments, case analyses, seminars, projects, tests, etc.