Faculty Profiles - Economics
Department Profile – Economics
The Department of Economics came into existence in 1995. The department is a part of IBS Hyderabad, the Faculty of Management of the University. Currently, the department has fifteen faculty members involved in teaching, research and administration. Fourteen of these are Ph.D holders.
The department offers courses as part of PhD in Management, MBA, BBA and BBA-LLB (Hons) programs of the University. Members of the department also teach courses offered by Finance as well as Marketing & Strategy departments. In addition, the department also academically contribute to the Management Development Programs of the Centre for Management Development of the University.
Research and Publications
The major thrust areas in which research activities are being pursued are Agriculture Economics, Capital Markets, Development Economics, Environmental and Energy Economics, Financial Economics and International Economics.
Faculty members of the department have published research papers in reputed peer reviewed national and international journals such as Applied Economics, Applied Econometrics and International Development, Artha Vijnana, ASCI Journal of Management, Economic Modeling, Economic Systems, Economic Analysis and Policy, Indian Economic Journal, Indian Economic Review, Indian Journal of Finance, Indian Growth and Development Review, International Journal of Economics, International Advances in Economic Research, International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Journal of International Business and Economy, Journal of Quantitative Economics, Man and Development, Productivity, Resource Policy, Research in Finance, etc. Besides, the faculty members have published many books and chapters/articles in original/edited books, conference proceedings etc.
The Department brings out a peer-reviewed journal titled IUP Journal of Applied Economics.
The Department periodically organizes several national and international conferences.
- 8th Doctoral Thesis Conference (in collaboration with Indira Gandhi Institute for Development Research, Mumbai), April 23 – 24, 2015 (Forthcoming)
- 7th Doctoral Thesis Conference, May 2 – 3, 2014
- 4th International Conference on Applied Econometrics (in collaboration with The Indian Econometric Society, New Delhi), March 20 – 21, 2014
- 6th Doctoral Thesis Conference (in collaboration with the Broad College of Business, Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA), April 26 – 27, 2013.
- 5th Doctoral Thesis Conference, April 2 – 3, 2012
- 3rd International Conference on Applied Econometrics (in collaboration with The Indian Econometrics Society, New Delhi), December 16 – 17, 2011
- 4th Doctoral Thesis Conference, September 24 – 25, 2010
- International Conference on Quantitative Methods in Money, Banking, Finance and Insurance (in collaboration with Indira Gandhi Institute for Development Research, Mumbai), March 19 – 20, 2010
- 2nd International Conference on Applied Econometrics (in collaboration with The Indian Econometrics Society, New Delhi), April 16 – 1 7, 2010
- 1st International Conference on Applied Econometrics (in collaboration with Indira Gandhi Institute for Development Research, Mumbai), April 17 – 18, 2009
- 3rd Doctoral Thesis Conference, March 4 – 7, 2009
- International Conference on Green Growth (in collaboration with Andhra Pradesh Forest Academy, Hyderabad), December 17 – 18, 2008
- 2nd Doctoral Thesis Conference, March 7 – 8, 2008
- 1st Doctoral Thesis Conference, March 9 – 10, 2007
- AIMS International Conference, December 27th -30th 2007
Dr. Aviral Kumar Tiwari has been selected for the ‘Prof. M J Manohar Rao Award’ for the year 2014. The award instituted by The Indian Econometric Society (TIES) is given to young researchers below the age of 35 years, to encourage high quality research. The award was presented at the 52nd Annual Conference of the Indian Econometric Society, held at IIM, Kozhikode, during January 4-6, 2016.